Smilgiai Crucified Jesus Church
The Church of Crucified Jesus is located in the village of Smilgiai, Biržai District, 8 kilometres north-west of Likėnai village and Pabiržė town. This masonry church with Neo-Classical elements was built in 1942. The church is Neo-classical style, rectangular, with a single tower.
Before masonry church, in Smilgiai village, two wooden chapels once stood. In 1757, the nobleman Karolis Ciolkovičius built a wooden chapel in Smilgiai village. Later, in 1862, a new wooden chapel was moved from Pabiržė town. It had 3 altars, but services in this chapel were held only occasionally.
Coordinates: 56.25335, 24.543763