Pabiržė Holy Trinity Church
The Holy Trinity Church is located in the district of Biržai, Pabiržė town, Bažnyčios square 1,7 kilometres south-west of Biržai, at the Pasvalys-Biržai road. Built in 1910, the masonry church is in the Neo-gothic style.
1910 The red brick church was built by the care of the priest Antanas Rumševičius. After the First World War, by the initiative of the priest Ignas Andrašiūnas, farm huts were built and a parish hall was installed. In 1928 he painted the church, built benches, and provided important religious artefacts needed for the church. On the 12th of August 1929 Bishop Kazimieras Paltarokas consecrated the church.
Today, near the Holy Trinity church, on the former mound, there are still visible signs of a former (third) church of Pabiržė: the old bell tower and pantry - mortuary building.
Coordinates: 56.185154, 24.638759
Photo credit: Remis art photography